12.25.2008

Call it Off.


Christmas came and went and without the worry and bustle and hecticness i was expecting. It just happened. It just happened, as it does. Getting sick on the 23rd was possibly the best thing that could of happened. I was knocked flat with a 24 hour flu type sickness. Nothing, and i repeat, nothing, could of got me out of bed. Unfortunately I did have a busy day at work but I missed and again, things happened. Sometimes I worry the world will fall apart without me, but really I'm not that important. Either way, things happened and I finally rested. So my Tuesday was spent in the comfort of my bed and Wednesday morning brough relief and the pure bliss and appreciation of normalcy. The wonder we so often take for granted, but just the fact my body wasn't in utter pain clingy onto the edge of death (I'm a little dramatic when i'm sick). Either way I got better and i can't tell you how good it felt. It did however set me back I didn't get a few of the last minute gift I planned to get. But like i said Christmas still happened.
Wednesday was morning drives and breakfast dates, family visits and supper with my brother and his wife, and of course presents. Our family has always been a Christmas eve present opening family. Well as long as I can remember.
And Christmas, well Christmas was morning church service and supper at my Aunts, and back to the city to continue... normalcy. It's a normalcy I can't appreciate quite as much but in the same way when I wasn't sick, it was relief, maybe not doing what I'm doing could be uncomfortable, or worse. I'm ok with normal, right now.
So. Only one more countdown remains on my list of countdowns. New years eve. New years sneaks up cause everyone's concentrating on Christmas. Only six more sleeps till i leave for Montreal slash Ottawa!

Oh Merry Christmas! Hope it was full of laughter, happiness and loved ones.

No comments: